Monday, November 4, 2013

Paying the Piper - A look back at the 2013 baseball season

Yes, I'm bitter. My hatred for the Red Sox just flows through me. I will admit, however, that the Sox had some incredible beards, though! One of the first posts I made on this blog was my predictions for the baseball season. So, it's time to pay the piper and see how I did.

I had the Orioles winning the AL East. They did not.

I had the Tigers winning the AL Central. They did!

I had the Angels winning the AL West. They weren't even close.

I had the Blue Jays and White Sox winning the 2 Wild Card spots. They finished a combined 25 games under .500, and nowhere near the playoffs!

I had the Nationals winning the NL East. They did not.

I predicted that the Reds would win the NL Central. Nope.

I felt that the Giants would win the NL West. They finished 16 games back.

The NL Wild Cards, I thought, would be won by the Cardinals and the Dodgers. They were not.

Now, in the NL, I had 3 of the 5 playoff teams correct, just in the wrong place!

All in all, I got 40% of the MLB playoff teams correct. How'd you do??

Just for kicks, who's my money on for next year? The Dodgers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment